Customer Success Engineer
We are looking for a Customer Success Engineer (a/k/a Solutions Architect, a/k/a sales engineer) who has experience in working with external customers to deploy technical solutions. You will report to the CTO.
This is a unique opportunity to join as we transition from a stealth startup to a well-known brand that consumers and companies alike know and trust. You’ll be working closely with experienced business and technical leaders where your voice will be heard, and your actions will shape the team’s success. As with many early stage companies, there is an immense opportunity to learn and have impact as we grow.
We believe strongly that diverse teams drive greater innovation. Diversity comes from people of different backgrounds and experiences working together in an environment where ideas are respected, voices are heard, and decisions are made with integrity in the best interest of our company and our customers. We believe we can build the best product when everyone contributes.
Nametag has both B2B (cloud-based) and B2C (mobile applications) components - we are a platform that connects companies with their customers, allowing customers to securely share details about their verified identity. Customers can use tools we have built or use our API to integrate our verified identity service; you will guide them in implementing whichever they choose and collect feedback from them to help us improve. This may take the form of creating documentation, working with engineers to ensure the customer’s needs are met, suggesting or building automations that will help both you and the customer.
In your first 180 days you will:
- lead and track customer on-boarding meetings.
- track and ensure commitments to customers are being met.
- guide customers in how to best deploy our product in their (perhaps complex) environments.
- learn from customer on-boarding and develop documentation, code examples, and automations that will help customers as they adopt Nametag.
No one is perfect and you don’t need to answer yes to all of these to be amazing in this role, but ideally you match most of the items below, and you possess the drive and attitude to learn the rest.
- You have experience understanding customer technical requirements, translating them into implementation, and conveying that to both the customer and internally.
- You have experience providing customer support on a technical product
- You are a great communicator. Your verbal and written communications convey confidence and professionalism.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $90,000 to $120,000 plus equity and benefits.
Nametag is a founding member of the Open Imperative, and publicly committed to pay equity in the technology industry. We post positions with ranges to encourage people of different backgrounds and experiences to apply, but the salary for every specific job offer is benchmarked using market data sources to ensure they are fair and consistent.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter or hiring manager can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.