Sr. Data Engineer- Alerts
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Craft is the Supplier Resilience company, leveraging the most trusted, transparent and comprehensive data foundation to enable businesses to build stronger supplier networks and resilient supply chains. With Craft, organizations have real-time, multi-tier visibility to DISCOVER and strengthen supplier networks, AI-driven prioritized insights to proactively PROTECT from disruptions, and collaborative workflow tools to have better business outcomes and GROW suppliers into strategic partners – together forging more invincible supply chains. Craft enables procurement and supply chain professionals to confidently protect from regulatory violations, unethical acts, and unforeseen disruption while fueling sustainability, resilience and growth.
Craft is based in San Francisco, CA and services commercial and government organizations globally. We are a well-funded technology company with leading investors including Greycroft, Uncork, High Alpha, ServiceNow Ventures, Sam Palmisano, Freddy Kerrest, but are not your typical data or SaaS startup. Our CEO is a seasoned entrepreneur and Juilliard-trained cellist. The Craft team is globally distributed with headquarters in San Francisco and an office in London. We have team members across North America, Canada, and Europe. We are looking for innovative and driven people who are passionate about building delightful software to join our rapidly growing team!
A Note to Candidates:
We are an equal opportunity employer who values and encourages diversity, equity and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, caste, or disability status.
About the Role:
Craft is looking for an experienced and motivated Lead Senior Data Engineer to join the key team responsible for data ingestion and integration with data partners. Data is the foundation upon which everything is built. As a technical leader you will have a great say in how solutions are engineered and delivered, and will help mentor engineers on the team.
Craft gives engineers a lot of responsibility, which is matched by our investment in their growth and development. We are growing quickly, and the only limits to your future growth with Craft are your interests and abilities.
What You'll Do:
- Build and optimize data pipelines (batch & streaming) for big data systems.
- Extract, Analyze and Model rich & diverse data sets.
- Apply Data mining to techniques such as anomaly detection, clustering, regression, classification, summarization to extract value from our data sets.
- Design software that is easily testable and maintainable
- Ensure data analysis is in line with company policies and regulations.
- Be a strong problem solver and communicate ideas effectively.
- Provide expertise on the overall data engineering best practices, standards, architectural approaches and complex technical resolutions
- Work on extendable data processing system that allows to add and scale pipelines with low-code approach
Who You Are:
- People that show curiosity through asking questions, digging into new technologies, and always trying to grow
- 5+ years of experience in Data Engineering
- 5+ years of hands on working experience with Python
- Knowledge and experience of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience using Terraform or other infrastructure-as-code tools.
- Self-starter, independent, likes to take initiative.
- Have fundamental and deep knowledge of data engineering techniques: ETL (Batch & Streaming), Data Warehouse, Data Lakes, MPP
- Data analytical and statistical background would be a large plus
- Ideally located in either Seattle, WA or Austin, TX
Our Tech Stack:
- AWS Services: S3, Batch, Athena, Lambda, Kinesis, Kafka, Redshift, RDS / Aurora Postgres, DynamoDB
- Data Pipelines: Python, SQL, Pandas, Dask, aws-data-wrangler, Papermill, Airflow, Prefect
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary starting at $160,000 USD/Year. This starting number can be increased based on levels of expertise, location, cost of living, taxes, market experience, etc.
- Equity at a well-funded, fast-growing startup
- Unlimited Vacation time so you can take what you need, when you need it
- 99% Covered Health + Dental + Vision insurance for employees and dependents
- 401K through Human Interest with options to invest how you want it
- $200 Monthly Wellness/Learning stipend (Gym memberships, meals, snacks, books, classes, conferences, etc.)
- $1,000 Workstation Allowance (standing desk, chair, monitor, etc)
At Craft we value flexibility and innovation, as well as in-person interaction and team activities whenever possible. This is a remote role based in the Seattle area. Although in-person attendance is not expected or required, team offsite meetings and collaboration are encouraged!
We want you to have a great interviewing experience and see this as a conversation. To help you prepare, the outline typically (but subject to change) looks like:
Recruiter (20 min) - Non-technical phone call to discuss Craft, your background and answer questions.
Technical take home assignment- designed to evaluate your coding skills and problem-solving abilities.
Live Technical (90 min) - Video call covering data engineering topics. We don’t ask Leetcode-style brain teaser problems.
Hiring Manager (30 min) - Non-technical video call to do a deeper dive into your background, the role and opportunity.
Back to back Executive and Product Manager (60 min) - Two 30 minute back to back video calls covering product and team culture fit.