Engineering Lead, Developer Tools
Inrupt is seeking an engineering lead to help our Developer Tools team produce accessible, usable, and efficient SDKs for Node.js, the browser, and other environments. This position will lead the team in implementing and improving our development processes, and take part in the architecture and implementation of functionality.
This role will be a key member of the team which makes the Solid ecosystem accessible to both enterprise customers, internal users, and open-source users.
You will lead a remote team using agile development practices and collaborate with multiple teams, including our Applications team, Enterprise Services, Operations, and open-source collaborators. You will inform the SDK design and provide feedback to improve the development experience. You will work with the team to make key technology decisions that impact the team long-term.
In this role the candidate is expected to:
- Coordinate with multiple teams to gather requirements
- Contribute to technical designs and the implementation of features
- Work with the team and QA group on the design and implementation of test plans
- Work with product owners to create plans for product development
- Assist with architectural designs
- Mentor junior and senior engineers across the engineering organization
- Drive the improvement of the developer experience and product quality
- Be hands on, and contribute at a high level to the codebase
What we are looking for:
- Experience mentoring engineers
- Prior experience as team lead or engineering manager
- Experience with API design and opinions about developer experience
- Experience with testing frameworks (e.g. Jest, jUnit)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working remotely
As a bonus:
- Familiarity with several programming languages and frameworks, including mobile development
- Familiarity with linked data, RDF, or semantic web technologies