Senior Engineer - Marketplace
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2023
About The RoleAs a Senior Engineer on the Marketplace Team, you will help advance Labviva’s Enterprise Gateway Marketplace platform. These marketplaces allow scientists to search millions of data rich records when ordering equipment, chemicals, and lab consumables while providing suppliers with rich analytics about marketplace behavior. You are a fit for the role if you enjoy working on end-to-end solutions in a collaborative environment. Ideally you have experience with e-commerce platforms, enterprise web applications and are comfortable working in a dynamic environment. You are thoughtful in your approach to design and engineer solutions that meet business demands while optimizing for system health, security, and long-term maintenance. How You Will Contribute
- Design, develop and manage Labviva’s e-commerce system and platform aiding its evolution and advancement.
- Balance adding new functionality with reliability, maintenance, performance and security objectives under an agile framework.
- Contribute to an engineering culture of shipping great products. Advocate for new technologies, methods, best practices and solutions (technical and non-technical) that improve our product and work experience.
- Build integrations with third party APIs.
- Aid in planning the future for our technologies, providing meaningful inputs, and supporting advancement of our platform.
- Approach the role with an ownership mentality, taking pride in the services we produce.
- Mentor, support, and learn from other members of the team fostering a culture of inclusiveness and respect.
- The desire to put engineering skills and techniques to work for our customers, creating great solutions that enhance the daily lives of scientists and procurement specialists.
- Operational fullstack development experience and expertise with technologies ranging from Typescript + Node.js, React + Next.js, PostgreSQL (and TypeORM), Kafka, and other technologies to support marketplace and eCommerce.
- Experience working within an Agile toolsets and other supportive technologies such as Jira, Confluence,and Gitlab.
- Drive to own the product and create the best user experience possible.
- Utilizing and Tuning Elasticsearch
- Experience designing or working in a Service Oriented Architecture environment.
- Building or working on Test Automation Infrastructure.
- Experience rapidly prototyping, and then systematizing, hardening, and maturing products based on those prototypes.