What is Nametag?
Nametag is the future of online safety. We invented “Sign in with ID” - a more secure way to access online accounts, because trusting a username and password is not the same as knowing its owner. Nametag verifies your government-issued ID on your phone, matched to a selfie -so you can confirm your identity one time - or every time - you sign in online. We enable companies to accelerate customer onboarding, support, and transaction efficiency - with a reduced risk of fraud, and without the need to sacrifice customer experience.
Our mission is to bring authenticity to the internet and enable people to build more trusted relationships.
We are looking for an Android Mobile Engineer to work closely with our CTO, iOS Mobile Engineer, and Product Designer to build a next-generation leading security platform.
This is a unique opportunity to join as we transition from a stealth startup to a well-known brand that consumers and companies alike know and trust. You’ll be working closely with experienced business and technical leaders where your voice will be heard, and your actions will shape the team’s success. As with many early stage companies, there is an immense opportunity to learn and have impact as we grow.
We believe strongly that diverse teams drive greater innovation. Diversity comes from people of different backgrounds and experiences working together in an environment where ideas are respected, voices are heard, and decisions are made with integrity in the best interest of our company and our customers. We believe we can build the best product when everyone contributes.
Nametag has both B2B and B2C components - we are a platform that connects companies with their customers. We have work today in backend, frontend, and mobile. Our backend is written in Go and runs on AWS. Our web frontend is React and Typescript. Our iOS app is written in SwiftUI. Our Android app is Kotlin with Jetpack Compose. Experience with our tech stack is a bonus, but not a requirement.
In your first 180 days
We are a startup, so the roadmap and priorities can shift. However we anticipate in the first 180 days you will:
- Design and build significant components of our mobile application and product, including in-person verification capabilities.
- Improve and extend our document capture flows in the mobile application.
- Help us code without fear, working with the team to create and maintain continuous builds, tests, debugging tools, automated deploy processes, and a supportive culture of identifying and fixing bugs.
No one is perfect and you don’t need to answer yes to all of these to be amazing in this role, but ideally you match most of the items below, and you possess the drive and attitude to learn the rest. You’ll thrive in this role if you:
- Worked on a consumer-facing Android app with a large codebase
- Built a polished and responsive mobile application
- Understand how to leverage platform-specific mobile features effectively, such as secure enclave, app attestation, and hardware-accelerated image processing.
- Managed the build and release process for Google Play Store.
- Supported and developed internationalization and localization features in a mobile application
- Can synthesize the big picture when thinking about technical product problems and solutions
- Have an eye for user experience and design
- Act as your own project manager, and can communicate progress and plans concisely
- Are capable of productive and self-guided work on a remote-team
Culture & Perks
- Remote-first: We are building a world-class, remote-first culture and we want to find super-talented people who can contribute from anywhere. Our team members are today located in Seattle, Ann Arbor, Denver, and NYC. Everyone works on their own time zone, and we align team meetings on a common time that works for all. There are no water cooler conversations for a selected few, everyone has a voice.
- HQ Office in Seattle: Our HQ is in Seattle and we have an office in the hip Capitol Hill neighborhood, with views of the Space Needle and just a few blocks from AWS.
- In-person collaboration: We find remote work is best when we pair it with in-person time, so we plan to bring the team together at least once per quarter, sometimes in Seattle, but more often we plan to go somewhere off-site and spend a few days together. Travel and meetings will be pre-arranged, in advance, so everyone can make plans to help cover at home, and everyone will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Competitive salary
- Competitive stock options
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible time off policies
- Quarterly team off-sites
- New computer hardware and equipment
- An inclusive work environment where you can have impact
The base salary range for this full-time position is $90,000 to $160,000 plus equity and benefits.
Nametag is a founding member of the Open Imperative, and publicly committed to pay equity in the technology industry. We post positions with ranges to encourage people of different backgrounds and experiences to apply, but the salary for every specific job offer is benchmarked using market data sources to ensure they are fair and consistent.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter or hiring manager can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.