Customer Success Specialist
We are looking for a Customer Success Specialist to work closely with our CEO, business and product team to support a next-generation leading security platform.
This is a unique opportunity to join as we transition from a stealth startup to a well-known brand that consumers and companies alike know and trust. You’ll be working closely with experienced business and technical leaders where your voice will be heard, and your actions will shape the team’s success. As with many early stage companies, there is an immense opportunity to learn and have impact as we grow.
We believe strongly that diverse teams drive greater innovation. Diversity comes from people of different backgrounds and experiences working together in an environment where ideas are respected, voices are heard, and decisions are made with integrity in the best interest of our company and our customers. We believe we can build the best product when everyone contributes.
In your first 180 days
We are a startup, so the roadmap and priorities can shift. However we anticipate in the first 180 days you will:
- Learn what Nametag offers to our customers and how they use it
- Educate users and their teams on the value of our product via online documentation, blog posts, knowledge-base articles, etc
- Be the voice of the customer, providing critical insights to the product team to help us improve our product and discover new use cases.
- Guide new customers through a tailored onboarding process based on their goals and conduct personalized trainings to help them support their own end users.
- Generate trust and credibility with our users throughout the sales cycle and continue to build strong relationships once they become customers.
- Manage (and choose, if necessary) the software we use to ensure customers have a great support experience.
No one is perfect and you don’t need to answer yes to all of these to be amazing in this role, but ideally you match most of the items below, and you possess the drive and attitude to learn the rest.
You’ll thrive in this role if you:
- Love supporting customers and their end users to make sure that they have the best possible experience with Nametag.
- Believe that it’s better to teach a person to fish; you feel strongly that the best way to make users successful is to teach them how to use the tool themselves (and we do too!)
- Feel passionate about representing the voice of the user during product planning and strategy meetings.
- Are excited about working cross-functionally with our business, design, and engineering teams to foster a strong sense of collaboration and information sharing.
- Have experience providing direct phone, chat, and/or email support while maintaining top-notch service that caters to each person’s individual needs.
- Get energized by adapting your approach to each individual user and changing strategies on the fly to meet their unique needs.
- Are able to engage thoughtfully on technical topics including web APIs, authentication protocols, and data flows.
- You needn’t be a master software developer, but if you have experience in a programming language or two, that would be an awesome bonus.
- Are capable of productive and self-guided work on a remote-team
The base salary range for this full-time position is $90,000 to $120,000 plus equity and benefits.
Nametag is a founding member of the Open Imperative, and publicly committed to pay equity in the technology industry. We post positions with ranges to encourage people of different backgrounds and experiences to apply, but the salary for every specific job offer is benchmarked using market data sources to ensure they are fair and consistent.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter or hiring manager can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.