We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us manage our AWS-based production infrastructure. It’s be great if you have some experience with compliance, or a willingness to learn, as we build out our infrastructure is an exceptionally secure and compliant manner. (We are subject to SOC2, HIPAA, GDPR, etc). You will report to our CTO.
This is a unique opportunity to join as we transition from a stealth startup to a well-known brand that consumers and companies alike know and trust. You’ll be working closely with experienced business and technical leaders where your voice will be heard, and your actions will shape the team’s success. As with many early stage companies, there is an immense opportunity to learn and have impact as we grow.
We believe strongly that diverse teams drive greater innovation. Diversity comes from people of different backgrounds and experiences working together in an environment where ideas are respected, voices are heard, and decisions are made with integrity in the best interest of our company and our customers. We believe we can build the best product when everyone contributes.
Nametag has both B2B (cloud-based) and B2C (mobile applications) components - we are a platform that connects companies with their customers, allowing customers to securely share details about their verified identity. Because of our relationship with our customers, our end-users, and all of their data, we are often requested for security and compliance information. We currently maintain SOC2 Type2, HIPAA, GDPR, and CCPA certifications, and are likely to add others as requested by our customers.
In your first 180 days
We are a startup, so the roadmap and priorities can shift. However we anticipate in the first 180 days you will:
- Own our infrastructure code and become familiar with what is deployed and why
- Support product engineers use of AWS
- Support security, logging, and monitoring efforts
- Own the relationships with our compliance management service and auditors
- Initiate the next compliance activity (a renewal or a new compliance standard)
- Provide feedback to the product and go-to-market teams on the costs and values of current or new compliance standards
No one is perfect and you don’t need to answer yes to all of these to be amazing in this role, but ideally you match most of the items below, and you possess the drive and attitude to learn the rest.
You’ll thrive in this role if you:
- Have experience with AWS offerings (CloudFormation, CloudFront, Lambda, RDS, S3, etc)
- Have experience with or interest in working with compliance management services and auditors to come into and stay in compliance with standards we currently maintain and new standards
- Have experience with a high-level programming language; we use Go, but Python, Java, C, etc are all adaptable
- Are capable of productive and self-guided work on a remote-team
The base salary range for this full-time position is $90,000 to $140,000 plus equity and benefits.
Nametag is a founding member of the Open Imperative, and publicly committed to pay equity in the technology industry. We post positions with ranges to encourage people of different backgrounds and experiences to apply, but the salary for every specific job offer is benchmarked using market data sources to ensure they are fair and consistent.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter or hiring manager can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.