Senior Backend/Full Stack Engineer
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to work closely with our CTO and engineering team to define the developer experience for a next-generation leading security platform.
This is a unique opportunity to join as we transition from a stealth startup to a well-known brand that consumers and companies alike know and trust. You’ll be working closely with experienced business and technical leaders where your voice will be heard, and your actions will shape the team’s success. As with many early stage companies, there is an immense opportunity to learn and have impact as we grow.
We believe strongly that diverse teams drive greater innovation. Diversity comes from people of different backgrounds and experiences working together in an environment where ideas are respected, voices are heard, and decisions are made with integrity in the best interest of our company and our customers. We believe we can build the best product when everyone contributes.
Nametag has both B2B and B2C components - we are a platform that connects companies with their customers. We have work today in backend, frontend, and mobile. Our backend is written in Go and runs on AWS. Our web frontend is React and Typescript. Our mobile apps are native code written in Swift and Kotlin. Experience with our tech stack is a bonus, but not a requirement.
In your first 180 days
We are a startup, so the roadmap and priorities can shift. However we anticipate in the first 180 days you will:
- Work on building out our user facing console where developers and customer support reps can issue and manage their data requests.
- Help us strengthen our ability to accurately analyze and validate different kinds of identity documents.
- Work with our customer's developers to help them build specialized workflows that value identity and privacy.
- Build and extend data services used by our mobile app, consumer-facing web, and developer-facing web properties.
No one is perfect and you don’t need to answer yes to all of these to be amazing in this role, but ideally you match most of the items below, and you possess the drive and attitude to learn the rest. You’ll thrive in this role if you:
- Have experience with a modern web development stack.
- Have a keen eye for design detail and design execution.
- Can work effectively (or learn to work effectively) in React, Typescript and Go.
- Capable of designing and building integrations (even if that's not your primary work day-to-day).
- Capable of productive and self-guided work on a remote-team.
- Act as your own project manager, and can communicate progress and plans concisely.
- Have an eye for developer quality of life and possess the skill set to both diagnose and solve hitches in the workflow
The base salary range for this full-time position is $100,000 to $190,000 plus equity and benefits.
Nametag is a founding member of the Open Imperative, and publicly committed to pay equity in the technology industry. We post positions with ranges to encourage people of different backgrounds and experiences to apply, but the salary for every specific job offer is benchmarked using market data sources to ensure they are fair and consistent.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter or hiring manager can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.