Planful is the pioneer of financial performance management cloud software. The Planful platform, which helps businesses drive peak financial performance, is used around the globe to streamline business-wide planning, budgeting, consolidations, reporting, and analytics. Planful recognizes that financial performance management is a team sport, and empowers teams in marketing, finance, accounting, and human resources to plan confidently, report accurately, and optimize outcomes while executing their plan. More than1,300 customers, including Bose, 23andMe, Boston Red Sox, Five Guys, and Zappos, rely on Planful to accelerate cycle times, increase visibility & productivity, and improve accuracy. Planful is a private company backed by Vector Capital, a leading global private equity firm. For more information, please visit www.planful.com or connect on Twitter via @planful.
About the role
We are seeking a Technical Writer to join our growing Content team. Expanding the range and increasing the quality of the product content our customers can access is a key focus for the company this year, and you will be a key part of bringing this strategy to life
We have several products workstreams, each with a different mission and objectives for improving the product. By increasing the size of our Content team, we will ensure we can dedicate writers to each workstream, so the writers can specialize in different parts of the product and different focuses (e.g. UX writing, API writing, finance domain…), while collaborating & sharing with the rest of the Content team.
We want our writers to lean-in to their workstream and suggest the best kinds of content for that workstream. You’ll need to assess the existing content and work with the Product Manager to prioritize uplifting existing content vs creating new content. You’ll engage with subject matter experts across the business to deeply understand our users and create the most impactful content for them. Also, as part of the monthly Agile release process, you’ll produce release materials such as release notes, known issues, release highlights etc.
This is an exciting opportunity to actively contribute to the content strategy of our company!
- Create release content for our monthly release process, including online help, release notes, release highlights etc
- Be responsible for creating UI text (labels, dialog text, onboarding guides etc)
- Working closely with the Product Manager & SMEs for your workstream, create and execute an optimal content strategy, producing other content such as quick reference guides, how-to articles, getting started instructionals, etc
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience researching, writing, and editing content for a software application in an Agile environment
- Experience working with any wiki-based industry-standard tool such as Confluence, Document 360, Proprofs, etc.
- 1-3 years of experience in Technical content creation
Preferred Additional Experience
- Finance, EPM, multi-dimensional modeling or planning software domain expertise
- Experience writing for with Artificial Intelligence software
- Experience in creating Videos and GIFs is a plus
- Familiarity with API documentation is an added advantage
- Experience with onboarding tools such as Pendo or WalkMe
- Detail Oriented – coordinates several events or people at the same time with great precision
- Proactive – make things happen instead of waiting for things to happen
- Customer-focused – has our customers front-of-mind and prioritizes how they will experience our product
- Accountability – takes responsibility and owns tasks and their outcomes
- Team player – puts team goals ahead of personal objectives