Senior Manager for Product Marketing
Planful is the pioneer of financial performance management cloud software. The Planful platform is used around the globe to streamline business-wide planning, budgeting, consolidations, reporting, and analytics. Planful empowers finance, accounting, and business users to plan confidently, close faster, and report accurately. More than 1,300 customers, including Boston Red Sox, Bose, 23andMe, Zappos, and Five Guys rely on Planful to accelerate their cycle times, increase productivity, and improve accuracy. Planful is a private company backed by Vector Capital, a leading global private equity firm. Learn more at www.planful.com. or connect on Twitter via @planful.
Why Join Planful?
Our team is full of highly experienced and passionate individuals, who are dedicated to continuously making our product and technology the best in the FP&A space. Apart from working with fantastic people and customers everyday, we also have some pretty awesome benefits too:
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Volunteer Days
- Employee discount and assistance program
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Regular team and office events! (virtually)
About the role:
The Senior Manager for Product Marketing reports to the Director of Product Marketing. This high-impact position will have direct responsibility for the development and execution of product marketing strategies and plans for the company’s portfolio of cloud-native solutions. This role will serve as the primary liaison between product development, product management, marketing, sales, and professional services to ensure maximum mind share, market share and revenue within target markets.
We're looking to add a visionary leader to bring financial acumen and market savvy to our Marketing team as the Senior Manager of Product Marketing. In this role, you'll be the go-to expert, driving forward-thinking GTM strategies for our solutions and championing our position as a market leader.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the strategic GTM direction for segment growth, including developing core use cases, buyer messaging, sales plays and industry approach.
- Work closely with core product marketing, define product positioning, pricing, messaging and target buying personas and buying influencers.
- Drive FP&A thought leadership to drive increased awareness and enhance Planful's positioning in our target markets.
- Deliver FP&A content in support of product launches and campaign plans, including web pages, webinar content, sales enablement, promotional messaging and event keynote content.
- Work with sales to secure early customer adopters for FP&A solutions.
- Act as a company ambassador across product areas. Brief press, analysts, and partners on product offerings.
- Coach, develop and manage the team of product marketers.
- Must have: 5 years experience as an FP&A practitioner or Product Marketing experience in cloud based FP&A
- Nice to have: Track record of success in product marketing at a high growth company with multiple product lines, regions, and distribution channels.
- Critical thinking, strategic acumen, and market insight: The skill to synthesize competitive trends, market data, and customer insights into a plan of action.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change. Exceptional judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to manage and plan at both the strategic and operational levels and to consistently meet or exceed planned objectives.
- Process-driven, ability to speak to C-level audience with confidence.
- Customer-focused and ability to build alignment cross-functionally.
- Articulate and very skilled at telling a written or visual story in a simple straightforward way.
- Highly collaborative leader, comfortable working with a variety of different functions and working styles to achieve desired results.
- A proven track record identifying, recruiting and developing talent, ability to lead in a dynamic business.
Planful exists to enrich the world by helping our customers and our people achieve peak performance. To foster the best in class work we’re so proud of, we’ve created a best in class culture, including:
- 2 volunteer days per year, Birthday PTO, and quarterly company Wellness Days
- 3 months supply of diapers and meal deliveries for the first month of your Maternity/Paternity leave
- Annual Planful Palooza, our in-person, company-wide culture kickoff held in cities like San Diego, Denver, Austin, and most recently Palm Beach
- Team-specific off-sites in cities like New York, Sonoma, or our brand new HQ based in downtown San Francisco
- Remote first culture with benefits such as home office setup, and monthly wifi and cell phone reimbursements
- Company-wide Mentorship program with Executive sponsorship of CFO and Manager-specific monthly training programs
- Employee Resource Groups such as Women of Planful, LatinX at Planful, Parents of Planful, and many more. We encourage our teammates to bring their authentic selves to the team, and have full support in creating new ERGs & communities along the way
Pay Transparency Statement
At Planful our top priority is to support our employees and ensure each individual has access to equal growth opportunities. Pay decisions take into consideration the individual's skillset, experience, knowledge, qualifications for the role, and specific work location.
Our base salary for this role starts at $100,000 CAD per year. More details about our company benefits can be found here: https://planful.com/jobs/