We are looking to expand our team to include a full-time Software/Data Engineer
Twosense is a venture-backed startup that is fundamentally changing the nature of digital identity. Identity security is completely failing to meet our needs. The current paradigm creates a puzzle that only the authorized user can solve. Humans are constantly solving these puzzles (passwords, text messages, emails, secret questions, dongles, etc), which is a universally terrible experience, yet still, a single user error can drain your bank account, damage a company, or bankrupt your employer. Twosense is software that automates all the work the user has to do, so security is invisible and always on at every second. We use AI to enable any system to learn to recognize the user based on behavior, such as gait, typing behavior, mouse movement, usage patterns, and many more, creating the world’s first invisible, private biometric. Our mission is to fundamentally change the nature of secure human-computer interaction so that the security does not have a user experience, and you can’t make a mistake. We’re creating a future where how bad it is today to forget a password, or to type in 6-digit codes from text messages, will be a fading memory.
This is a unique opportunity to join a driven engineering team just after liftoff. We’re an engineer-founded and led team of PhDs and outstanding Software Engineers out of Brooklyn, NYC. We value transparency, agency, continuous improvement, and engineering culture. We are fully remote, well funded, and we always do our absolute best to take care of our people. We’re currently deployed to a specific market of Healthcare and Contact Center customers that are unable to achieve compliance without a passive form of security.
What you will do:
This is a cross-functional role focused on developing data infrastructure and pipelines for our ML data flows - from training to inference. You’ll be working with Josh on infrastructure and DevOps. You’ll also be collaborating with Chris on data pipelines and flows, and Jack on ML process, model training, evaluation, and deployment pipelines. You’ll also be working with the rest of the team and our CTO John on overall strategy, platform, and architecture. You’ll be reviewing code from each of them, and they’ll be reviewing yours.
Who you are:
You’re comfortable in the dynamic environment of a startup, but also like working on a team that’s dedicated to finding the right way to build software, and continually improve. You are excited about, and experienced in building and maintaining data infrastructure and pipelines in production. You may not have worked directly with Machine Learning much, or at all, but you’re excited to step into a team with deep expertise in ML and learn on the way up. Most of all, you are looking to learn new things every day, and how much you learn is more important to you than the language or tools you use.
- You have strong Software Engineering fundamentals like SOLID principles, and you enjoy learning new and better ways to hone your craft.
- You have strong Python skills and enjoy working in various Python frameworks.
- You have experience working with varied data types, and building robust data pipelines from design and development to testing and deployment.
- You have experience with containerized deployments in cloud environments. Using tools like Docker, Kubernetes, EKS, etc…
- You enjoy working on a team where the code and software engineering process is communal property, and tickets are highly collaborative with a mix of synchronous and asynchronous processes.
What's in it for you:
We value our people and culture as a top priority. Benefits include:
- Salary of $5k - $7k per month
- Flexible work - work from home or use the Brooklyn office at your convenience.
- Project day - One day per month spent on whatever you think is important.
- Equity participation - everyone shares in our success
- Open vacation policy - take it when you need it
- Fitness stipend, commuter benefits
For employees in Argentina we have:
- Business English language courses
- Travel to team events and in-person all-hands
- Technical books, VPN Access, high-end work computer, etc.
We are a young, hungry, and well-funded company and you’re getting in on the ground floor. You will have the agency to shape our strategy and trajectory, and to shape your own career as you benefit from the upward mobility of growth.